Ever since the company was established, it has been taking continuous actions aimed at meeting the customers’ requirements and complying with the legal requirements concerning quality. The top quality of the products and services offered by the company was confirmed by the quality management system in conformity with the ISO 9001:1994 standard, implemented in 1998.
The certification covered all the areas of the company’s business, i.e. design and manufacturing of plastic packaging. Another stage in the process of development and assuring compliance with the legal requirements and the increasingly high requirements of customers involved the decision, made in 2000, to expand and implement the HACCP system.
The plant joined the group of audited plants that meet the requirements of the Global Quality System in place at the Graham Packaging Company.
The ISO 9001 and HACCP system was maintained and updated over the subsequent years (ISO 9001:1994 / ISO 9001:2000 / ISO 9001:2008) and certified uninterruptedly by the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) certification body until 2013.
ISO 22000 + PAS223 certification
In 2012, following the global trends and the increasing requirements of our customers, a decision was made to change the certification. It resulted, in 2013, in a smooth transition from ISO 9001 to ISO 22000 + PAS223 certification. At the same time, a decision was made to maintain the existing ISO 9001 system without certification.
The high quality offered by Graham Packaging Poland Sp. z o.o. is not only based on systems and the certifications.
It also involves:
- Continual improvement
- Preventive actions
- Customer satisfaction measurement
- Keeping up with the global trends with regard to quality requirements
- Keeping up with the legal requirements concerning product quality in all the countries where our customers’ products appear
- Quality assistance with regard to identification of quality and legislative requirements as early as at the new product implementation stage
- Implementation of solutions reducing complaint risk to the minimum
- Compliance with customers’ individual quality requirements
- High quality of the products delivered and no complaints (quality level measured in PPM per 10MM of products manufactured)
- State-of-the-art systems for manufacturing process and product quality control
- State-of-the-art INFINITY system used to gather and analyse quality data both in manufacturing and in the Quality Control department, integrated with the GPC corporate system
- Extremely well-equipped Quality Control lab (including Mitutoyo coordinate measuring machines (CMM), non-contact control equipment and instruments, etc.)
- Permanent and experienced quality team
- Commitment of all departments and employees at the company to the continuous improvement of the product and service quality
- Implementation of state-of-the-art in-house and third-party tools (DRIVE, Excellence, Six Sigma, Graham Performance System, etc.)